Mobile web design otherwise known as ‘responsive design’ is developing a website in a way that it physically “responds” to the browser size. That means if you are viewing your homepage on a mobile phone, the same web page that displays on your desktop browser would resize and re-position the layout to fit the mobile screen using the same content. Click here.
Mobile Friendly Advantages vs. other methods
- Same content, crucially across all devices (No need to develop separate mobile versions)
- Easier to Maintain
- Lower Costs
- Fully supported HTML5 for majority of mobile devices
Why having a mobile web site is important
Mobile has taken the world by storm as current statistics suggest:
- By 2018, there will be 15.4 billion 802.11 devices in the market (ABIResearch).
- 1.2 billion Smartphones will enter the market over the next 5 years, about 40 percent of all handset shipments). (ABIResearch)
- By 2018, mobile app development projects will outnumber native PC projects by a ratio of 4-to-1.
Whether you have an e-commerce shop, business critical website or even a brochure website, it will need to become mobile enabled. If not, this may mean that you are missing out on a huge amount of traffic, as well as frustrating potential customers as they will be unable to use the site properly. See our top tips.
A web development agency will be able to cater to any requirements that you may have.
This may include various platforms such as Xero, InfusionSoft or SalesForce.
It is vital that you use a company that offers high quality web development services and are able to integrate this on various software/systems. For more information on what a web development agency can offer you, see this page.
When looking for an agency to use, ask to see their portfolio of previous clients; this will help you to decide if this is the company for you.
Need more advice on responsive websites? Take a look at more information.