Whilst Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest can all be great platforms in order to develop your online presence, Linkedin is a far more effective way of generating leads and sales.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 120 million members and it’s still growing. LinkedIn connects you to your trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals. Many claim that LinkedIn is ‘Facebook for business’ because it can connect you with potential clients, referral opportunities, vendor relationships and more.
You can use LinkedIn to build an online presence and generate profitable prospects by just following these simple steps:
Define Your Goals:
- How many customers do you want?
- What does your ideal customer look like?
- What kind of function or role does your contact have?
- What kind of organisation is it?
- Which industry?
- Which location?
Join the groups which are in line with your goals:
- Current/potential customers
- Professional organisations
- Trade organisations
- Chambers of commerce
- Alumni associations of your school, university, or previous employers
The power of the 2nd degree:
- The real power of the network is the second degree
- The real power is in your network’s network.
- Don’t focus on your own network, but ask your network to introduce you to their network!
The most important LinkedIn feature:
- LinkedIn shows the connections between people
- LinkedIn shows you which of your own contacts can introduce you to their connections who know them.
- LinkedIn allows you to easily tap into the power of the 2nd or 3rd degree.
5 Steps Success Strategy:
- Define specific goal
- Upload your contacts from your email address to LinkedIn
- Think of the people in the best position to help you reach your goal
- Use ‘Advanced Search’
- Look at the list for common contacts
- Ask the person you have the best relationship with for an introduction